Re: Feds fume over Microsoft anti-trust delay

__/ [ B Gruff ] on Wednesday 07 March 2007 23:37 \__

> I thought that I read in this group a few days ago that, while the E.U. is
> still unhappy with MS re. its interoperability documentation, the U.S.
> Authorities were quite happy.
>
> This seems to say otherwise:-
>
> "The US Department of Justice told a federal judge it is unhappy with
> Microsoft's plans to extend a deadline for supplying technical information
> to licensees documenting how Windows communicates with operating systems
> and middleware made by other companies"
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/03/07/microsoft_delay/

Oops. I posted a duplicate from (C|Net/ZDNet). Maybe you'll find the related
posts there helpful. It's unlikely that the government will take action. In
fact, here's another intersting bit:

US politicians go to bat for Microsoft

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09/26/microsoft_eu_political_lobbying/

There's another one where a ruling by the American government is deferred
until 2012 (!!!!). They just turn a blind eye and pay lip service every now
and then.