[News] Linux Users Count Initiative Brings Novell and Red Hat Together

Fedora Core 6 Linux Eclipses 2M User Mark

,----[ Quote ]
| With the new threshold crossing, it is unclear whether Fedora 6 is the
| No. 1 Linux distribution in use today, but internetnews.com has
| learned that preliminary discussions are underway that could see
| Novell's OpenSUSE Linux distribution partner with Red Hat's Fedora
| to drive open statistics about Linux use.
|
| [...]
|
| "We were talking to them about Smolt and one of the things that
| came out of that is that let's spend some time and work on it
| together so what is developed for Fedora will work with SUSE,"
| Spevack said.

LQ ISO Hits Three Million Downloads

,----[ Quote ]
| I am happy to announce that LQ ISO has now facilitated over
| 3,000,000 downloads.
`----

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?p=2644661#post2644661

8 million installations of Ubuntu were claimed last year.

Linux: Ubuntu Founder On Microsoft "Challenge"

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.redherring.com/Article.aspx?a=20495&hed=Linux%3A+Ubuntu+Founder+On+Microsoft+%E2%80%9CChallenge%E2%80%9D+