[News] Microsoft's SQL Server 2005 SP2 is Broken; Vista Activation Issues Upset the Wrong Man

SQL Server 2005 SP2 Critical Update Available

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is seeking to resolve a technical glitch caused by Service
| Pack 2. For some installations, cleanup tasks stop prematurely after
| applying the service pack.
|
| The hotfix, which Microsoft has designated a "critical update," is
| available for existing SQL Server 2005 installations with Service Pack 2.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/operating_systems/sql_server_2005_sp2_critical_update_available.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
http://tinyurl.com/2y64vc

One Deactivation Too Many

,----[ Quote ]
| Because of all the hassle, Kay said he "left it for awhile ... didn't
| use it." When he fired up the system, for an important business
| trip the following day, he was "outta luck."
|
| It's "like that Apple ad with the PC guy in a johnny," Kay said.
| "I don't think I have time to rebuild the whole thing by tomorrow
| morning."
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/vista/one_deactivation_too_many.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
http://tinyurl.com/yr4dfs

Can you blame people for ditching Windows?

Related:

Hasta La Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| Windows XP is already a dead product. There will be no more upgrades
| for XP, and even the vital security updates will stop in about two
| years: April 2009. In short, all of us are going to face a choice
| sooner or later: switch to Vista or to Macintosh or to Linux. There
| are good arguments for each of those choices.
`----

http://blog.eogn.com/eastmans_online_genealogy/2007/03/hasta_la_vista.html

Vista-compatible SQL Server 2005 SP2 likely February 19

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=266