Re: cancel Mac Office 97 will immediately harm Apple ..

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 06 March 2007 15:50 \__

> Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> In article <2067469.BzMcaDDmoq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>> newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
>>
>>> This happened because I submitted this to Digg yesterday
>>> (and it made the front page). Have a look at this. Even
>>> ComputerWorld benefited from your work.
>>
>>> Well done!
>>
>> From reading these documents in quick sucession it's clear where MS
>> 'innovates'.
>>
>> 01. Watch the market for current and future trends.
>> 02. Freeze the market by PreAnnouncing your own me-too product that will
>> be out in the next Windows. 03. Desperately try and partner with some
>> company and/or. 04. Put out your own buggy version.
>> 05. Cancel the partnership.
>> 06. Alter the API so former partners product is a jolting experience.
>> 07. Seed the tech press with FUD about former partners product.
>> 08. And repeat ..
>>

> Which is, perhaps unsurprisingly, the view which had already been
> developed here anyway, the difference now being that we actually have
> real proof of it, proof which Erik, billwg, quark and whoever else
> really cannot deny, as it's from the horse's pst file.

These memos have reached InformationWeek and some other magazines. How long
before it reaches the BBC, CNN...? They usually pick these things up late...
but in any event I'm very pleased to know that it's Doug that got it
started... then getting exposure in the front page of Digg. We ought to do
that sort of stuff more often.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Run a Linux server, sit on your hands all day
roy      pts/5                         Tue Mar  6 23:30 - 23:33  (00:03)