Re: [News] Federal Aviation Administration Thinks About Moving to Desktop Linux

On Tuesday 06 March 2007 23:43 Mark Kent wrote:

>> FAA May Ditch Microsoft's Windows Vista And Office For Google And Linux
>> Combo
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Bowen said he's in talks with the aviation safety agency's main
>>| hardware supplier, Dell Computer, to determine if it could
>>| deliver Linux-based computers capable of accessing Google
>>| Apps through a non-Microsoft browser once the FAA's XP-based
>>| computers pass their shelf life.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=197800480
>>
>> And Dell will have even /M O R E/ pressure to preinstall GNU/Linux.
>
> The question is going to become whether the US government's agencies
> have more power than Microsoft.  At this stage, I would say that they do
> not.

âThe liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of
private power to a point where it comes stronger than their democratic
state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism - ownership of government by
an individual, by a group,â

.. so what exactly are you implying, Mark?:-)