Re: [News] Has the BBC Decided to Open Up Media Access with Google and IBM?

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 06 March 2007 14:02 \__

>> BBC and IBM Create Strategic Alliance to Embrace the Digital Future
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Ashley Highfield, BBC Director of Future Media & Technology, said:
>>| "This alliance with IBM will offer new and genuinely innovative
>>| services to our audiences. For example, combining the BBC's massive
>>| TV and radio archive with IBM's cutting-edge research into video
>>| and audio search technology should provide the means to unlocking
>>| huge latent value in our long tail of content."
>> `----
>>
>> http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/070305/0222604.htm
>>

> Ahh, sanity is dawning at last.  I do wonder if IBM didn't approach the
> BBC when they saw what was going on - I know that I would have done had
> I been them.

There was a rather silly article about it, with another illusionary buzzword
-- Web 3.0. This had me wonder, however, because the BBC had a deal which
involved buildign a Web 2.0 portal with Microsoft. I doubt anyone is getting
the boot though...

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Computers are useless. They only solve problems"
  2:20pm  up 42 days 14:38,  7 users,  load average: 0.83, 0.79, 0.94