[News] Linux Reveals the Secrets of Water

Physicists reveal water's secrets in journal Science

,----[ Quote ]
| Equipped with high-speed computers and the laws of physics, scientists
| from the University of Delaware and Radboud University in the
| Netherlands have developed a new method to "flush out" the hidden
| properties of water--and without the need for painstaking
| laboratory experiments.
|
| [...]
|
| The UD researchers used clusters of Linux computers to perform
| the large-scale computer calculations required for the research.
| The study took several months to complete.
`----

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2007-03/uod-prw030207.php

Not directly related, I'll admit, but Linux is used to solve the world's
mysteries while few of us care to realise it. 75% of the world's top 500 (?)
computers run Linux and this academic team takes pride in it. It actually
mentions Linux.