Re: Microsoft's 'dirty tricks' archive turns into hot Torrent

__/ [ Jerry McBride ] on Monday 05 March 2007 23:00 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Jerry McBride ] on Sunday 04 March 2007 03:55 \__

> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/02/26/microsoft_archive_goes_torrent/

>>> Mark, can you email me a torrent? I've been searching, but I can't find
>>> it...
>>
>> 2.6 gigs by E-mail?
>>

> No Roy... just the *.torrent or a url pointing to the files... :')
>
>> Homer is going to host them as well (just one among many). Let me just
>> find my reply to him... he asked about the torrents and I replied by
>> E-mail...
>>
>> Okay, got it.
>>
>> "http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=iowa+microsoft
>>
>> More here:
>>
>> http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=iowa
>>
>> 2.6 gigs. I only have a fraction. Share it, spread it. Host it?"
>>
>> Keep it safe. I have some of it on my external hard-drive.
>>

> Ktorrent finished downloading it last night... I've been seeding it all day
> and will probably do so for quite some time. It's a "very popular" torrent
> indeed.

Doug does the 'OCR' by hand. I find it quite helpful. Take this one for
example:

http://digg.com/apple/Leaked_Antitrust_Memos_Microsoft_Uses_Mac_Users_as_Guinea_Pigs

Thanks, Doug! As I said to gim, he ought to host that stuff on a permanent
domain that can be cited. UseNet is not the ideal place for this for a whole
bunch of reasons.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: A dragonfly only lives for one day
Cpu(s):  21.7% user,   2.8% system,   0.9% nice,  74.6% idle