Re: which is more secure Mac or Linux ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Sunday 04 March 2007 16:52 \__

> 'I?ll say I?m marginally more secure on Linux than on a Mac, but I
> prefer a Mac anyway. I can almost see my inbox filling with flames from
> you penguin lovers everywhere, but let me explain my opinion'
>
> 'I find Linux?s security controls to be more true to the UNIX model they
> were patterned after. OS X, on the other hand, started with the UNIX
> model, but then diverged rather substantially'
>
> http://www.esecurityplanet.com/article.php/3662516

[Groups reduced]

The author admits that he's a Mac advocate, so I never expected anything else
when I first read this (some time last week). As it stands, Linux is on the
servers and it has a marvellous record.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Did anyone see my lost carrier?"
roy      pts/5                         Mon Mar  5 05:26 - 05:30  (00:03)