Re: This Group Is Unreadable Via Google..

  • Subject: Re: This Group Is Unreadable Via Google..
  • From: Kevin Wilcox <fergus1909@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 18:34:04 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 23:00:33 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

> Jeremy Fisher <freya@xxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> [nip]
>>> This is certainly discouraging to noobs who may
>>> come here for some interesting information
>>> and end up leaving in disgust because of
>>> the noise.
>>>
>> [tuck]
>>>
>>> Maybe he could consider combining he posts into journals
>>> that he posts twice daily and maybe a weekly summery as well?
>>>
>>> That would certainly go a long way toward making the group
>>> more viewer friendly when using Google which doesn't have filters
>>> like a standalone news reader program does.
>>>
>>> Just an observation and suggestion.
>>
>> I agree with what you are saying, Roy posts some great links and items and a
>> bi daily journal would be great, certainly cut down on the noise.
>>

> There is already a daily digest.  Roy's posts are extremely valuable,
> indeed, ideal for an advocacy group.  If you don't like them, you can
> always killfile them.

You can't kill file them via Google which was the point of the original
message.
But you knew that already, didn't you?

Roy's messages are sometimes useful, but they are easily found elsewhere
and with truthful, accurate subject lines I might add.
If he would concentrate on Linux advocacy instead of Microsoft hate
his messages might be more useful.

As for your digest Mark, that is almost completely useless.

Add some links and possibly it might be useful, but as it stands, you are
just rehashing the same stuff over and over again, which, is just boring
and bandwidth wasting as well.