[News] Using Bluetooth Devices to Manage Linux Privileges

Use Your Bluetooth Cell Phone as a Proximity Card for Linux Based Laptops
(SUSE, Ubuntu, Red Hat)

,----[ Quote ]
| Have you ever wished your computer would keep track of your comings
| and goings and secure itself accordingly? Odds are good that if you
| have a newer laptop and cell phone you can do just that. Many laptops
| now come with Bluetooth chips and most phones now support Bluetooth
| as well. This can allow your computer and cell phone to "talk" and
| create a simple proximity badge for you to use.
`----

http://www.goitexpert.com/en/index.cfm/2007/2/25/Use-Your-Bluetooth-Cell-Phone-as-a-Proximity-Card-for-your-Laptop
http://tinyurl.com/ypc8ga

For all I know, the Thinkpad's fingerprint-based authentication works under
Linux as well.