Re: "Microsoft has not talked to us about Linux."

  • Subject: Re: "Microsoft has not talked to us about Linux."
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 08:29:36 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Gordon ] on Monday 05 March 2007 08:00 \__

> DFS wrote:
>> This single March 2006 statement by the chairman of Dell negates EVERY lie
>> cola "advocates" have ever posted about Microsoft controlling the OEMs,
>> and not allowing Linux on the desktop.
>>
>> http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS3822185143.html
>>
>> Now you'll claim Michael Dell is lying.  Sure, sure... only cola idiots
>> know what really happens between MS and OEMs.
>>

> It actually says NOTHING about how MS do or do not control OEMs.....MS
> don't NEED to "talk" to any of their OEM customers about any other OS.
> They just (used to) insert massive financial penalties in the contract
> if the OEM supplied any other OS or none at all...

...And Dell has its previous repetitive attempts to teach it a lesson.

Did Microsoft want to 'whack' Dell over its Linux dealings?

http://news.com.com/Did+Microsoft+want+to+whack+Dell+over+its+Linux+dealings/2100-1014_3-6153904.html

Dell's secret Linux fling [sabotaged by Microsoft threats]

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/09/dell_linux_china/

Microsoft 'killed Dell Linux' - States

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/03/19/microsoft_killed_dell_linux_states/

At present, it's a cold war. When someone beats up his kids a couple of
times, they are likely to behave. It doesn't mean that father is no longer
an abusive one.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Turn up the jukebox and tell me a lie"
Mem:    514480k total,   484836k used,    29644k free,    10020k buffers