Re: Seamonkey?

  • Subject: Re: Seamonkey?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 06:41:05 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ John Bailo ] on Sunday 04 March 2007 05:04 \__

> Freeride wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 18:36:48 -0800, John Bailo wrote:
>>
>>> I was going to use Firefox and I noticed that somehow (update?) a new
>>> browser is there called "SeaMonkey"
>>>
>>> It looks like it's related to Mozilla...any information?
>>

>> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
>>
>>>The SeaMonkey project is a community effort to deliver production-quality
>>>releases of code derived from the application formerly known as "Mozilla
>>>Application Suite". Whereas the main focus of the Mozilla Foundation is
>>>on Mozilla Firefox and Mozilla Thunderbird, our group of dedicated
>>>volunteers works to ensure that you can have "everything but the kitchen
>>>sink" ? and have it stable enough for corporate use.
>
> Sounds like the old Netscape "Communicator" where the browser is the
> desktop!

Yes. And a new version came out a day or so ago. If you want Netscape, wait
for version 9, which will run under Linux as well. It's based on Firefox
2.0. I wonder if it'll have full plugin compatibility w.r.t. Firefox. It's
the brand name that gives it advantage.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bYsxaMyFV2Y http://youtube.com/watch?v=QNb7gPA1JFk
roy      pts/4                         Sat Mar  3 07:26 - 07:27  (00:00)