Re: [News] Budget Drainer 360 Not Doing As Well As Microsoft PR Says

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Sunday 04 March 2007 02:10 \__

>> Is Microsoft In Trouble? Pt. 2
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Here are January 2007's numbers for North America:
>>|
>>| Wii:  485,000
>>| PS2:  338,250
>>| 360:  332,250
>>| PS3:  275,500
>>|
>>| It's important to note that this is North American numbers only.
>>| Sony is about to launch in the EU and supply the North American
>>| market with 2 million shiny new consoles. The PS3 is 50,000 units
>>| short of overtaking the 360 in North America and the games have
>>| barely begun to flow.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.someonestolemydomain.com/node/54
>>
>> The PS3 could still come from behind when production rates meet demand.
>> Then, the use of PS3 Linux (YDL 5) will increase.
>>

> Also, look at this, from the same numbers above:
>
> Sony:       613,750  (combined PS2 & PS3 sales)
> Nintendo:   485,000
> Microsoft:  332,250

The press will always spin it Microsoft's way. I was rather shocked that when
the stats came out showing Nintendo as a winner, Reuters only posted an
article whose headline quoted the great success of Microsoft. They sold more
consoles in January 2007 than they sold in January 2006, it stated,
extolling the 'virtues' of this frying pan called XBox 360.

The article missed the big picture, which includes the fact that the Wii put
the XBox to shame. Guess whose technology Reuters is using? Remember their
anti-Novell, anti-Linux headline? I do. I have always argued that it /could/
be deliberate. It miseld the whole mainstream press around thd world and did
_a lot_ of damage.

Sometimes I think that I can trust respectable blogs more than I can trust
(financially depedent) media like CNN. Even the BBC has lost my trust.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bYsxaMyFV2Y http://youtube.com/watch?v=QNb7gPA1JFk
  5:00am  up 40 days  5:18,  6 users,  load average: 0.31, 0.52, 0.58