Re: [News] New Version of SeaMonkey Released

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
SeaMonkey 1.1.1

,----[ Quote ]
| These release notes describe system requirements, installation
| instructions, and known issues for SeaMonkey 1.1.1. `----

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/releases/seamonkey1.1.1/

Related:

SeaMonkey 1.1 offers a good alternative to Firefox

,----[ Quote ]
| The Good
| | Stable, proven foundation
| | Security features on par with Firefox
| | With the addition of the third party xSidebar, it can run several
| | ported Firefox extensions, in addition to the usual
| Mozilla and SeaMonkey-only extensions.
| | | The Bad
| | The SeaMonkey suite and its product name are not really known
| outside the geekosphere. I always end up explaining "it's
| Mozilla", and then more often than not having to explain that
| "Firefox branched-off from the same Mozilla source code" after
| getting a blank stare. The same people who don't know SeaMonkey
| often end up asking "and how about Netscape?", showing that the
| SeaMonkey team still has a lot of work to do to promote its
| open sauce project.
| | The Ugly
| | Nothing really ugly. `----

The SeaMonkey Project

,----[ Quote ]
| Web-browser, advanced e-mail and newsgroup client, IRC chat
| client, and HTML editing made simple -- all your Internet
| needs in one application.

I am an original Netscape -> Mozilla fan. Finally upgraded from Mozilla 1.7.12 to SM 1.1.1. Seamless and SM is even better than Mozilla!!!