[News] Plugging a USB Drive to Windows is Risky

Security Experts Warn of a Worm Creeping into PCs Via USB Ports

,----[ Quote ]
| Security Experts at MicroWorld Technologies has warned of increased
| occurrences of a Worm with Trojan potentials, which has been
| infecting Enterprise systems and home PCs for the past two weeks.
`----

http://www.spywarehunter.org/entry/security-experts-warn-of-a-worm-creeping-into-pcs-via-usb-ports/

So now we know that, under Windows, inserting a USB drive can mean "execute".
Same with clicking on some icon and Web link. How naive is that?

I think this USB trick was used to hack Diebold voting machines, which are
based on Windows.