[News] Free Open Source Software Companies Serve Lesson to Proprietary Software Vendors

Proprietary software running scared

,----[ Quote ]
| In the space of a few hours, I watched us beat out a field of 10+ ECM
| competitors (all the big names) to be selected by a Fortune 500 company as
| the centerpiece for its going-forward ECM strategy.
|
| [...]
|
| Exclusionary licensing forces a vendor to view customers as
| would-be criminals, and certainly not willing participants in a
| buying decision. It puts all the risk on the buyer, rather than
| where it belongs: on the seller (or, at worst, on both in
| equal amounts).
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/03/proprietary_sof.html

This software is now GPL.

Openbravo: open-source ERP software for SMEs

,----[ Quote ]
| Openbravo has just released Version 2.2 of its open-source
| Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software. With its solution
| written in Java on the basis of Tomcat the Spanish company is
| targeting small and medium-sized enterprises in particular. On
| the client side the software package can be operated with a
| Web browser.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/86154

Related:

Openbravo's ERP Draws International Cheers

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/6363/1/