Re: Net firms tackle Vista headache

  • Subject: Re: Net firms tackle Vista headache
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 00:30:28 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Robert Parsonage ] on Thursday 01 March 2007 23:47 \__

> On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 23:29:48 +0000, B Gruff wrote:
>
>> On Thursday 01 March 2007 23:10 Robert Parsonage wrote:
>>
>>> Windows Vista is causing problems for some new PC owners hooking up
>>> their machine to a broadband connection.
>>>
>>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6407925.stm
>>
>> Oh dear oh dear.
>> Presumably what we are talking about is those CDs that the ISP
>> suggests you install to get your ADSL modem to work with their
>> connection?  Something to be said for ethernet and a router, isn't
>> there?
>
> No doubt about it. This is what caught my eye from the article:
>
> | The spokesman said that other net service firms were also known to
> | be taking time to get to grips with Vista.
> |
> | "It's such a big product that to train staff up on it fully and make
> | sure all your services are tested and compliant takes time," he
> | said.
>
> Surely vista should make it easier for ISP's to enable their users to
> access the Internet? Clearly not.

It is not surprising that people want XP back while many just switch to
Linux. Only yesterday:

An Open Letter to Microsoft: Re-Release Windows XP

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/18428/an-open-letter-to-microsoft-re-release-windows-xp

--
                ~~ Best wishes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bYsxaMyFV2Y http://youtube.com/watch?v=QNb7gPA1JFk
Mem:    514480k total,   483708k used,    30772k free,    13124k buffers