Re: [News] Dell is Consoring Its Web Site, Deletes "Dell makes excuses for backing off Linux"

  • Subject: Re: [News] Dell is Consoring Its Web Site, Deletes "Dell makes excuses for backing off Linux"
  • From: Rafael <rafael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 06:47:08 +0900
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Dell censors IdeaStorm Linux dissent
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | What's the point of seeking ideas and feedback if you?re going to
> | delete the ones you don?t like? That?s exactly what Dell is doing
> | with its IdeaStorm web site, which has been set up by the company
> | to solicit ideas and feedback.
> `----
>
> http://tech.blorge.com/Structure:%20/2007/03/01/dell-censors-ideastorm-linux-dissent/

Censored article states, "Dell needs a crash course in economics, supply does not push demand, it's the other way around. No matter what Steve Ballmer says or no matter how good a deal you will get on OEM licenses if you comply with the company's wishes. Comply with the DOJ and give everybody a fair shake Dell. Otherwise you can close the factories now and go home. This isn't 1995 any more."

For one, I am being speculative, but it is possible that an upper manager may be the one who manages and reads the comments. The poster mentioned Mr. Ballmer's name. Could it be that OEM licensing is sensitive enough, that Dell was warned?

> This is particularly interesting because any time now the following from
> [H]omer, with 510 votes, could make the front page of Digg:
>
> http://www.dellideastorm.com/article/show/64277/Stop_making_excuses_and_start_paying_attention_WE_WANT_LINUX

Trolls have been marking down legitimate advocate posts on Digg. Do you think the Vista cheerleaders will do the same?

--
Cheers, Rafael

http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile/anti_troll_faq.htm