[News] New Linux Releases as Proof of Rapidly-increasing Linux Demand

Backup vendors refresh open source products

,----[ Quote ]
| Two companies have come out with brushups to backup software this
| week...
|
| Both companies said the updates stemmed from new demand from
| customers running what's known as the LAMP stack. LAMP stands
| for Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP-Perl-PostgreSQL, a list of the
| most popular open source applications on the market.
`----

http://searchstorage.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid5_gci1245637,00.html

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.5 Beta Released As V5 Prepped For Launch

,----[ Quote ]
| With Enterprise Linux 5 set to ship in March, Red Hat has put into
| beta testing an update for Enterprise Linux 4 that makes it
| virtualization-friendly.
`----

http://www.channelweb.com/sections/allnews/article.jhtml?articleId=197700157&cid=ChannelWebNews

Applied Informatics' Releases RC1 of IDE for Linux Application Development

,----[ Quote ]
| Rapide is based on Eclipse CDT (C/C++ Development Tools) and comes with
| GCC based toolchains that support cross-compilation on both Windows or
| Linux hosts.
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/News/Embedded/Applied_Informatics_Releases_RC1_of_IDE_for_Linux_Application_Development
http://tinyurl.com/2d4y6e

GNOME 2.18.0 Release Candidate (2.17.92) Released!

,----[ Quote ]
| Here we go: this is the last unstable release before 2.18.0. We've all
| added cool features, important bug fixes, great translations, or shiny
| documentation during the past six months.
`----

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-announce-list/2007-February/msg00082.html

Software runs Linux, Windows apps on Mac desktops

,----[ Quoet ]