[News] Linux Beats UNIX on Mainframe?

Mainframe Linux vs. Unix

,----[ Quote ]
| In conclusion, rather than Linux on the mainframe being some kind
| of oxymoron, it may actually be the best of all worlds. How can you
| beat the innovate and flexibility of Linux, along with the
| availability and support of an IBM mainframe?
`----

http://searchopensource.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid39_gci1245490,00.html

Related:

Butler Group Predicts IBM Mainframe Growth in Vertical and Emerging Markets

,----[ Quote ]
| Butler Group's "The King is Dead -- Long Live the Mainframe"
| article specifically points to WebSphere Application Servers on
| System z as enhancing the ability to utilize SOA and Linux on the
| mainframe in providing virtualization tools for a single
| computing platform.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/070126/0207898.html

IBM and Oracle Agreement Strengthens Mainframe Computing, IDC Says

,----[ Quote ]
| IBM and Oracle announced this initiative to collaborate on the sales
| and marketing of a series of enterprise business solutions with
| Oracle applications and technology for Linux on System z on
| October 24, 2006. It targets the business requirements of large
| and medium size enterprise customers and meets growing marketd
| emand, complementing a series of investments IBM and Oracle have
| made in support of Linux as an enterprise application platform.
`----

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release_html_b1?release_id=207879

Virtualization Gets A Grip In 2006

,----[ Quote ]
| When it comes to Linux servers, a few months can make a whole
| lot of difference. Earlier this year, Red Hat, Novell, and
| most major Linux vendors were doing their best to fend off
| Windows Virtualized Server by getting their own virtualization
| offerings out the door first.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/6344/1/

Mainframe in comeback mode

,----[ Quote ]
| We have over 1,300 independent software vendors who work with the
| Mainframe. We have 300 to 400 in the Linux arena. We have many
| business partners and some integrators too, that we work with.
`----

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/ew/2007/01/01/stories/2007010100110300.htm

IBM Mainframe Offers Unmatched Security and Power Efficiency, Analyst Says

,----[ Quote ]
| On the open source front, the report specifically cited IBM's
| continued efforts to support Linux workloads on the mainframe
| with the Integrated Linux Facility. The report also touted IBM's
| successful developer ecosystem and the rapid growth of Linux on
| the mainframe in large enterprises.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/061229/0198717.html

Linux drives a mainframe revival

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux may not be everyone?s idea of a mainframe operating system,
| but for a growing number of large and medium-sized businesses
| the synergy between Linux and big iron is the solution to as
| ignificant problem.
`----

http://www.computerweekly.com/Feeds/RSS/Articles/2006/11/16/219927/Linux+drives+a+mainframe+revival.htm
http://tinyurl.com/tdjgr

Linux-on-Mainframe Apps Up 100%: IBM

,----[ Quote ]
| IBM recently reported a 390% jump in mainframe sites running Linux.
| It says more than 60% of its mainframe revenue is now coming from
| new workloads, with approximately 20% of the revenue and 30% of the
| MIPS coming from Linux customers, which is what has the ISVs
| interested.
`----

http://issj.sys-con.com/read/317754.htm

IBM Mainframe Supports University of Toronto's Expanding Student Body

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/061011/0171496.html

,----[ Quote ]