[News] Open Source Coming to Replace Greedy Record Labels

Doc Searls on the next target for open source: media distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| Yes, we can go to websites, subscribe to music services, use iTunes or
| other supply-controlled intermediating systems and deal with artists
| inside those systems. But there still isn't anything that allows us
| to deal directly, on our own terms, with artists and their
| intermediaries. Put another way, we don't yet have the personal
| means for establishing relationships with artists.
`----

http://www.netribution.co.uk/2/content/view/1116/182/

Yesterday:

Music executives lament state of industry

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.com.com/2100-1027_3-6162729.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news