[News] At Acer, Linux is $100 More Expensive Than Windows Vista

Acer asks for £50 more for a notebook WITHOUT Windows?

,----[ Quote ]
| So say I buy it from Ebuyer, I've spent £379 (I have a pending free
| delivery token from Ebuyer). I then decide I want to remove Windows
| from the machine so I can review various Linux distros on it. So I
| decide to fill out the form and send it back to Acer.
`----

http://www.seopher.com/articles/acer_asks_for_50_more_for_a_notebook_without_windows_

They virtually force everyone to buy Windows, even if it immdiately gets
deleted for good.

Related:

Acer OEM contract with Microsoft, 1995.

http://edge-op.org/iowa/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011