[News] Ian Murdock Interview; Former Debian Leader's Research on Release Cycles

Ian Murdock: Debian "missing a big opportunity"

,----[ Quote ]
| Ian Murdock founded Debian GNU/Linux nearly fifteen years ago,
| and today it provides the foundations for many well-known distros
| such as Ubuntu and Knoppix. LXF caught up with Ian, who currently
| chairs the Linux Standards base, and asked him about Debian
| politics, leadership and the rise of Ubuntu...
`----

http://www.linuxformat.co.uk/murdockint.html

Martin Michlmayr?s research on time-based releases

,----[ Quote ]
| I recently had the opportunity to proof-read Martin Michlmayr's
| PhD thesis on release management in large open source projects.
| Martin is an ex Debian project leader, so he has personal
| experience. His research confirms what I believe to be true
| about the benefits of a time-based schedule rather than a
| feature-based schedule, based on GNOME's release planning...
`----

http://www.murrayc.com/blog/permalink/2007/03/19/martin-michlmayrs-research-on-time-based-releases/
http://tinyurl.com/279wsa

Related:

Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 updated

,----[ Quote ]
| The Debian project is pleased to announce the fifth update of its
| stable distribution Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 (codename 'sarge').
`----

http://www.debian.org/News/2007/20070218

Debian release may slip to March

,----[ Quote ]