Re: [News] Cheaper Editions of Windows May Also Lack Security Features

> Rootkits, Bootkits, Viruses & Windows VISTA
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Microsoft thought about this and developed the Bitocker System but once
>| again hell breaks loose, it's only available for high-end Vista
>| Versions ( Ultimate and Enterprise), so probably the rest of us are
>| left alone to face the attacks. What was Microsoft thinking when it
>| cleared the idea that low price version would have security
>| features disabled?
> `----
>
> http://tpmboys.blogspot.com/2007/03/rootkits-bootkits-viruses-vista.html
>
> If true, this may lead to a serious debate. Microsoft charges more for a more
> secure version of its operating system (addons like OneCare aside).

More secure than what?  Still, on that basis, it should be possible to
put a standard linux distro in a pretty case, call it "much more secure
than windows" and charge more than Vista for it.

I'll wager you'd get a few sales, perhaps, in fact, quite a large
number.