Re: [News] Microsoft Confirms Xbox Live Accounts Are Being Stolen

__/ [ Jerry McBride ] on Monday 19 March 2007 03:39 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> [Full-disclosure] Xbox live accounts are being stolen
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | I just got off the phone with a Microsoft Tech for Xbox live that has
>> | confirmed this to with me and they have stated that accounts are
>> | being stolen and that "Hackers have control of Xbox live and there is
>> | nothing we can do about it"
>> `----
>>
>> http://lists.grok.org.uk/pipermail/full-disclosure/2007-March/053032.html
>
> If this wasn't so tragic it'd be funny as hell.

I don't think I ever mentioned (not in COLA anyway) the 'hijacking' of
forbidden Live mail addresses. Security comperehension at Microsoft seems
lacking or maybe the technologies it builds upon are inherently flawed.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: 12345679 x 8 = 98765432
Tasks: 133 total,   1 running, 128 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie