[News] Open Source Databases Fit for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises

MySQL -- is this database fit for the Enterprise?

,----[ Quote ]
| Irrespective of the exact definition, MySQL can, quite clearly
| compete effectively in the small enterprise space -- which means
| it can already service nearly 60 per cent of the working population.
|
| [...]
|
| First B2B has a database of 24GB which runs on a four processor box
| with 2 GB of RAM. In the past, it used Progress as its database,
| but has now switched to MySQL and is very happy with the result.
`----

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2007/03/18/mysql_enterprise_fit/

Related:

MySQL prepares for IPO and reveals Oracle endorsement

,----[ Quote ]
| "We are planning to go public," Mickos told Computer Business
| Review in an exclusive interview, adding that the Uppsala,
| Sweden-based database management vendor is in no hurry to go
| public after raising $18.5m in Series C funding this time
| last year and $39m in total.
`----

http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=26F5F8B6-8CC6-4529-8DE7-65732FA84347

'MySQL, Linux powers Web 2.0' - O'Reilly

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/view.php?id=1125