Re: OneCare users hopping mad at Microsoft over deleted e-mail

  • Subject: Re: OneCare users hopping mad at Microsoft over deleted e-mail
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 04:01:01 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Richard Rasker ] on Saturday 17 March 2007 21:23 \__

> Op Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:37:56 -0700, schreef nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
>
>> Quote:
>> ----------------------
>> Users, still angry about Windows Live OneCare's habit of making e-mail
>> disappear, are slamming Microsoft Corp.'s support and claiming that
>> its suggested fix doesn't recover their messages.
>
> [snip]
>
>> One user on the support thread, however, had his own suggestion of how
>> to fix the whole mess. "The answer to everyone's problem is to form a
>> class-action group and sue Microsoft immediately for the damages that
>> they have caused (as your e-mails have been permanently deleted I
>> assure you), use the money you are almost guaranteed to win from this
>> newest Microsoft fiasco, and buy a Mac," wrote Gozargozarian.
>> -----------------
>> End quote
>
> I know exactly what Microsoft's defense in court will be:
> "So, where's the evidence? There is no evidence! Otherwise, show us those
> allegedly deleted emails!"
>
> And otherwise, they just reimburse their vict^H^H^H^Hcustomers the usual
> $5 the customers are entitled to under the EULA terms in case of failure
> of the product. Heck, they can just take it out of their petty cash tin.
>
> No-one in their right mind trusts those incompetent, greedy bastards - or
> their products, for that matter.

In yesterday's news, the ill effects that have become so prevalent seem to
lead to some action.

Experts are calling for product liability for software

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/86932/from/rss09

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Free 3-D Othello: http://othellomaster.com
  4:00am  up 6 days 12:03,  7 users,  load average: 0.48, 1.28, 1.64