Re: OSNews Review Says Linux is Already Manure

  • Subject: Re: OSNews Review Says Linux is Already Manure
  • From: Peter KÃhlmann <peter.koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 10:44:06 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.locksmithing
AqD wrote:

> On Mar 17, 1:02 pm, Roy.Spamew...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Ubuntu Feisty Fawn: Desktop Linux Matured
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | During my 8 years of Linux on and off usage I have tried more
>> distros
>> | than I have chocolate bars. Each one of my previous encounters meant
>> | that I had to spend at least 2 days configuring before I have a
>> | desktop that I was somewhat comfortable with. With Ubuntu Feisty
>> | Fawn's latest test beta --for the first time ever-- this was not the
>> | case. I was up and running with all the niceties I wanted within 2
>> hours.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.osnews.com/story.php/17505/Ubuntu-Feisty
>
> It's only mature with crossover office and cedega installed.

Only if you want to run MS Office (no need whatsoever, as OO does a very
good job) and/or games. Again, no need.

So if someone has no use for those two things, linux is absolutely mature
for that person

Also note that you replied to flatfish, one of the worst scum in known
history. Flatfish is a liar, he is a vile racist, and he is a software
thief. He has lately taken to impersonate people he hates because they can
think for themselves
--
Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware