Re: [News] New Ubuntu Linux User Very Satisfied; Ubuntu History in Pictures

Rudolph Hooker <root@xxxxxxxx> espoused:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Ubuntu impressions 5 days on
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Five days ago I installed linux for the first time in a
>> | decade.
>> |
>> | am I impressed? Hell yes.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/inane/2453
>>

> Did you read the hassle he had with it??
>
> [quote]
>
> ...so then I went through the whole process of rebooting, loading the
> bootstrap off the cd to see if anythere there could help, searching the
> web, and went through all sorts of things.
>
> I knew how to get to the console via the recovery, but couldn't work out
> what to do from there.
>
> I even joined a number of Ubuntu IRC channels to ask for help, (got
> completely ignored) however just before I gave up and went back to windows
> full time.

	Umm, not quite right, it ended like this:

	But hey, at least I'm 3D Accelerated.

	so now I am Happily running Ubuntu 6.10, without any further dramas.

	I'll continue to learn. however now that I have a week of linux under my
	belt, I'm going
	to jump in the deep end and get one of my other machines up and running
	with a Ubuntu LAMP
	server.

It took him a while to find the required command, but he did find it.
It was just a command, of course - no registry edits required, no need
to reinstall.