Re: Dell finally gets the message

On Thursday 15 March 2007 15:02 flyer wrote:

> Yes, we'll see if they mean it or are simply lying.
>
> Personally I think they mean it because Dell is not nearly as nuts as
> Gates and the Stage Donkey.

I'll tell you what (and this came from Roy yesterday, in different words),
if they are *not* serious, and *not* intending to go ahead, they are giving
Linux a hell of a lot of publicity and exposure;  they are also (by
implication) making one hell of a criticism of MS.
It could well be that this is just a ploy/bargaining tool v. MS, but even
so, the longer it lasts the more Linux benefits.

- and if it *is* serious, of course, quit worrying about "what is Microsoft
going to come up with after Vista?" - it really won't matter!