Re: [News] Dell Asks Which Linux Distro We Want

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Wednesday 14 March 2007 22:47 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Linux Learnings: We're Listening
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Thanks for visiting the Dell Linux Survey webpage. Please
>> | answer the following questions to help us determine how
>> | to best prioritize our resources for this effort.
>> |
>> |       (Survey will be open March 13-March 23)
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/corp/linux?s=corp
>
> Here's another gem:
>
> "Update:  We're overwhelmed by your responses, and we know the survey
> server is overloaded too.  We're working on it, and the survey will
> remain open until March 23, so you'll have plenty of time to make your
> vote count."
>
> So, in other words, unlike the Vista release that they bent over
> backwards to participate in and which exploded on launch, there is so
> much interest in Linux that it's crashing their servers, and yet they
> consider it a *problem* ?

Yes, I saw that earlier. DDOSed by reality. I guess they underestimated the
response.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz   | "Web 2.0 is everything that can be spammed" --Unknown
Tasks: 126 total,   1 running, 124 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie