Re: [News] CentOS 5 Reaches Beta; GNU/Haiku Released

> CentOS 5 Beta Released
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | LinuxThe CentOS development team is pleased to announce the release of
> | CentOS 5 (Beta) for i386 and x86_64.
> `----
>
> http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/linux/centos-5-beta-released

Excellent. I tend to use CentOS as my "rescue" environment. Not that
anything ever really *needs* rescuing on Linux, but it's handy for
administration of e.g. LVM2, nonetheless.

> RHEL5 will be released this afternoon.

With many backports from Fedora. Note to those who didn't already know,
RHEL is based on Fedora, *not* the other way round. Just like the fact
that Star Office is actually based on OpenOffice.org, not the reverse.

> First Haiku Distribution has been Released
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The distribution is called GNU/Haiku 0.1.0 and is being
> | released by Pingwinek, Pingwinek also releases Pingwinek
> | GNU/Linux, and their Haiku distribution includes the base
> | Haiku system, the GCC 2.95.3 compiler, several simple games,
> | SDL, Midnight Commander, and ncurses.
> `----
>
> http://www.bitsofnews.com/content/view/5406/2/

Shhh. Don't tell DooFuS. According to him, FOSS BeOS projects are "dead".

--
K.
http://slated.org - Slated, Rated & Blogged

.----
| "Future archaeologists will be able to identify a 'Vista Upgrade
| Layer' when they go through our landfill sites" - Sian Berry, the
| Green Party.
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.19-1.2288.fc5
 14:20:47 up 23 days,  1:46,  2 users,  load average: 1.41, 1.47, 1.44