[News] Ubuntu Tightens the Knot with Linux Foundation (Industry/Standards)

Ubuntu founder joins Linux Foundation board

,----[ Quote ]
| Mark Shuttleworth, founder of Canonical and the Ubuntu version of
| Linux it commercializes, has joined the board of the Linux Foundation.
`----

http://news.com.com/2061-10795_3-6166830.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

Related:

Mark Shuttleworth Becomes the First Patron of KDE

,----[ Quote ]
| Mark says of his patronage of KDE, "With the growing
| importance of Kubuntu within the Ubuntu family, the time
| is right to support the project that makes Kubuntu
| possible - KDE. For this and many other reasons, I am
| very proud to become the first of hopefully many
| Patrons of KDE."
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1160932072/

Shuttleworth: Welcome SUSE Developers

,----[ Quote ]
| Calls are coming from all over the community for users and developers to
| turn their backs on Novell. The latest entreaty is from Canonical's
| Mark Shuttleworth, the folks behind the Ubuntu flavors of Debian.
|
| [...]
|
| LiVES no longer supports Suse, since Novell signed a deal with a certain
| well known company. If you are using Suse, please consider moving to
| another distribution.
`----

http://boycottnovell.com/2006/11/24/shuttleworth-welcome-suse-developers/

Oracle must eat Red Hat or fork, says Ubuntu man

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/11/10/shuttleworth_oracle/