Re: Top 5 Notebooks are Linux or Unix machines

Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> __/ [ yttrx ] on Tuesday 13 March 2007 15:48 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> __/ [ Rex Ballard ] on Tuesday 13 March 2007 12:43 \__

> http://www.crn.com/crn/slideshows/2007/top5/notebooks/1.jhtml;jsessionid=FZTXJB0QIJOXQQSNDLRSKHSCJUNN2JVN?articleID=197802071

>>> Either Linux support helps sell better OR good laptops mind Linux
>>> compatibility. Conversely, poorly-designed/made laptops are less
>>> Linux-aware.
>>>

>> No.  I bought my T60s because IBM/Lenovo laptops are incredibly well
>> engineered, very tough, and ridiculously fast.  The OS had nothing
>> to do with it.
>
> I was never suggesting that. Personally, I find the (visual) design of
> Thinkpads (or Stinkpads) rather appalling.

It says a lot for your taste if you think Thinkpads look bad. Some, if
not all, of the models are absolutely fantastically designed and look
the business. I bought a second hand x30 last year to stick Linux on and
it is *always* getting admiring glances from people with more modern
laptops which, quite frankly, look like slabs of stone. And
reviewers/professionals seem to agree.

> Apple has good designs and the UI fits the looks of the
> hardware. Microsoft

The UI fits the look of the HW? Uh huh.

> tried to achieve this with Vista, but while they build it, nobody comes.
> (Field of Dreams... emphasis on "dreams")

Fuck me you don't half talk some shite.