Re: Linux BIOS

__/ [ ed ] on Sunday 11 March 2007 18:13 \__

> On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 03:07:17 +0000
>
>> Yesterday I saw a further enhancement to this. The video was
>> mentioned last week, but ever since it received exposure people have
>> experimented with the idea, AFAICT. There's also a Debian Linux for
>> embedded devices which boots in under 2 seconds. But who needs to
>> boot anyway? Unless of course no service is run, in which case energy
>> can be saved...
>
> Things like in car mp3 are good like this.

The whole idea of in-car PCs (or Wi-fi in the case of Microsoft-Ford) is
wasteful. Why integrate and tie an appliance to just one place when the same
appliance is portable and affordable? PDAs come to mind.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Digits 772-777 of Pi are 999999
 10:05pm  up   6:08,  9 users,  load average: 0.07, 0.42, 0.48