Re: [News] Linux Tax Problem Resolved

While taking a break from performing an interpretive dance of 'Flight of
the Bumble Bee', Roy Schestowitz  wrote:

> TaxGeek 2006 - Your Open Source Solution to Tax Time
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | TaxGeek is a Mozilla-based US income tax program that includes
> | Form 1040, Schedules A, B, C, C-EZ, D, E, K-1 (1065), SE (Short
> | and Long), W2, Form 8880, Form 8863, Form 3903, and Form 2441
> | with access to most other files as PDFs.
> `----
>
> http://taxgeek.sourceforge.net/
>
> Another common excuse bites the dust.

Up here in Canada we have numerous web based tax preparers.
I've been using Ufile.ca for a couple of tax seasons already.
Never have had a problem
Nice thing about Ufile is that you can e-file your return.

Bad thing about using the e-file option though is this year, during
'routine' software maintenance the government boys  and girls hosed the
database.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/newsroom/releases/2007/march/nr070306-e.html
-and-
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/newsroom/factsheets/2007/march/fs070309-e.html
-and-
http://www.thestar.com/Business/article/189541

Luckily I filed four days before this happened and I got my confirmation
number.

--
Bobbie the Triple Killer
http://members.shaw.ca/bobbie4/index.htm