Re: Linux Tax Problem Resolved

achmed.jones@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Mar 11, 8:08 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
TaxGeek 2006 - Your Open Source Solution to Tax Time

,----[ Quote ]
| TaxGeek is a Mozilla-based US income tax program that includes
| Form 1040, Schedules A, B, C, C-EZ, D, E, K-1 (1065), SE (Short
| and Long), W2, Form 8880, Form 8863, Form 3903, and Form 2441
| with access to most other files as PDFs.
`----

http://taxgeek.sourceforge.net/

Another common excuse bites the dust.

More like Linux tax program eats the dust.

1. Will it import my Quickbooks data?

This is just condoning proprietary vendor extortion to force an upgrade to their accounting software. For example, ff you want to import financials into TurboTax 200x, you also have to upgrade to Quicken 200x. When I started with TurboTax it would import from several years old Quicken software. Now only the current year is supported. For this reason I am considering abandoning it this year.

So the import feature in TurboTax or other proprietary tax software is mostly a false feature.