[News] Reviews of Debian Linux, Elive 0.6.5, BOSS Linux, Ubuntu Feisty Fawn Herd 5

Exploring the Debian Installer

,----[ Quote ]
| Debian's installer is actually a single program with three
| different front-ends (Text, Newt, and GTK), each of which is
| functionally identical, for the most part. With the exception
| of creating encrypted partitions - a feature currently only
| available through the Newt front-end (see References below) -
| each of the front-ends works the same way.

Review: Elive 0.6.5

,----[ Quote ]
| I definitely liked Elive. It is a fully functional distribution based
| on the Enlightenment desktop. The live CD configuration and setup is
| definitely among the best I have used. Giving me the ability to use
| the Nvidia binary drivers was an excellent feature of the distribution.
|
| Being based on Debian makes the system easy to update and install
| new applications. You also know the underpinnings of the
| distribution are solid since it is based on Debian.
`----

http://www.triedit.org/review/review-elive-065/

BOSS Tarang 1.1 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| BOSS Linux, based in India, is trying to be the first Linux
| distribution trying to support all official languages of India.
| It does also support English which is also being used more in
| that country.
`----

http://gnuman.com/distros/boss_tarang_1.1_review.html

Ubuntu 7.04 Alpha 5+ - Updating experiences

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blogbeebe.blogspot.com/2007/03/ubuntu-704-alpha-5-updating-experiences.html