Re: [News] Skype Gets New Windows-only 'Feature' -- A Virus

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 29 March 2007 22:21 \__

>> New Trojan calls on Skype
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| When users click on the link, they are redirected to a site that is
>>| hosting a file named file_01.exe. Users are then prompted to run the
>>| file and if they do, several other files are downloaded and run. The
>>| downloaded files are other versions of the Waresov/Stration malicious
>>| code.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=38328193&rid=-50
>>

> Isn't proprietary software fun?

Wait for $vendor to provide the appropriate $fix.

What sott of software enables the user to run untrusted, remote and obscure
code with just a click (or without intervention)? I agree, it's very easy to
use... or be used. It is even worse when users are left with virtually no
choice but to have total control of the environment and system at all times.
It's like letting Homer Simpson have access to the nukes button.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Network traffic is  being polluted by SPAM. Help the Internet. Adopt *nix.
roy      pts/3                         Thu Mar 29 11:53    gone - no logout