Re: [News] Microsoft XBox is a Big HIT... in Gangsta's Paradise

__/ [ Jerry McBride ] on Thursday 29 March 2007 00:49 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Xbox for your gun? Mexico tries swaps in drug fight
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Owners can swap smaller guns for cash or Microsoft Corp.'s
>> | Xbox video-game consoles under the plan.
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070328/tc_nm/mexico_crime_dc
>>
>> It can run Linux, too.
>
> Well... Sorry... screw microsoft and screw mexico. Mexico is raping my
> country and quite frankly... I wish they'd all go home...

I don't live in America, so I don't know, but Microsoft did a Biggest Penata
event to promote the Xbox, which apparently angered the Mexican authorities.
Other than that, I frquently see Microsoft sucking up to the Mexican
government. And how about /this/ recent story...?

,----[ Quote ]
| The government and Microsoft also two signed agreements Monday
| stressing Uribe's strong commitment to Microsoft products at a
| time other countries in the region are promoting the non-proprietary
| Linux operating system.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070319/ap_on_hi_te/colombia_bill_gates

They should spell that "Bribe", not "Uribe". Bill Gates sure gets around, and
he is signing deals with diplomats, without the citizens' approval.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Data lacking semantics is currency in an island
  2:20am  up 17 days  9:23,  5 users,  load average: 1.46, 1.09, 0.99