[News] Linus Torvalds Happy with GPLv3, Novell Thinks it Can Comply

Torvalds 'pretty pleased' about new GPL 3 draft

,----[ Quote ]
| Linus Torvalds, leader of the Linux kernel project and a major
| figure in the open-source programming movement, said Wednesday
| he's "pretty pleased" with changes in a third draft of the
| General Public License (GPL) released Wednesday.
`----

http://news.com.com/2061-10795_3-6171300.html?tag=nefd.top

Novell speaks up on the latest GPLv3 draft

,----[ Quote ]
| On Bruce Lowry's blog (Bruce is the PR demi-god for Novell, and a
| great person) today he has Novell's position on the latest draft of
| the GPL. From his post:
|
|         * We will continue to distribute Linux. Nothing in this new
|           draft of GPL3 inhibits Novell's ability to include
|           GPL3 technologies in SUSE Linux Enterprise, openSUSE,
|           and other Novell open source offerings, now and in the
|           future. This is good news for our customers....
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/03/novell_speaks_u.html

Remember that PR lies.