[News] Review of a New 3-D Controller for Linux

SpaceNavigator: An affordable 3-D controller for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Thanks to no-cost apps like Google Earth, Google SketchUp, and
| Second Life, consumers are regularly exploring three-space these
| days. The SpaceNavigator is a good fit for them, since its price
| point is less than half that of 3Dconnexion's next cheapest 3-D
| controller, the similarly equipped SpaceTraveler. More expensive
| offerings range well above $300, making them popular with 3-D
| artists and CAD designers, but outside the reach of home users.

Cutting-edge peripherals work in Linux, too.

Related:

Torcs using a Wiimote as wheel

,----[ Quote ]
| By patching latest WMD with the patch pigeon made for Fligthgear,
| the Wiimote can be used as a classical joystick in Linux (using a
| /dev/js0 device).
`----

http://www.blino.org/blog/mandriva/wiimote-torcs.html

WiiMote with WDM / Ubuntu / Beryl / Candles

,----[ Quote ]
| Quick demo showing WiiMote running on Edgy with the WDM driver
| controlling the desktop cube.
`----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALqduQfm09c

Rotating the compiz cube using a Wiimote

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, David has brought his Wiimote at Mandriva office so that we
| make some experiments with the Wiimote linux drivers. I've started
| with WMD, which is a python program that can generate input events
| based on the info sent by the Wiimote (on Bluetooth).
`----

http://blino.org/blog/mandriva/wiimote-compiz.html

Christmas Wii-remote xmms hack

,----[ Quote ]
| Well I got this nice christmas present a Wii remote!
|
| But I don't own a Wii console. So I hacked away in edubuntu linux
| and got it to control my xmms mp3 player.
`----

http://walter.schreppers.com/

FlightGear + Wiimote

,----[ Quote ]