Re: [News] Ten Reasons Windows Vista Fails to Sell

  • Subject: Re: [News] Ten Reasons Windows Vista Fails to Sell
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:35:23 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ birre ] on Monday 26 March 2007 12:16 \__

> On 2007-03-21 00:14, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> 10 Reasons Why Microsoft's Vista Has Missed It's Mark
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Yes, Microsoft's Windows Vista will eventually run on most
>> | corporate desktops. But early sales in the consumer market have
>> | been softer than some analysts expected. For those of us who
>> | covered Windows 95's launch more than a decade ago, Windows
>> | Vista has been a yawn. These 10 questions--and their answers--reveal
>> | why Vista isn't the hit some pundits expected.
>> `----
>
> Well , unfortunately they sold one to me :-(
>
> I ordered a new PC that start with a 3 years leasing, so I must pay for
> vista, no chance to get the machine without it.
> I don't own it, so no refund, and after 3 years I own it, but then it's
> to late to claim refund.
>
> Of course I will never boot the damn beast, just pay for it, then wipe it
> from the disk.
>
> This sux ...
>
> /birre

Dell Germany has given a Vista refund. I don't know who delivered this
machine to you (in Sweden?), but you could claim a public victory if you
correspond and argue with the seller. Others could then follow suit. You
don't even need to mention Linux. Just reject the Vista EULA and tell them
that there's precedence (in the UK).

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: does exactly what it says on the tin