[News] Sun Reches Out for Large Companies, But Is It Too Late?

Sun's Latest Quandary: Courting or Competing?

,----[ Quote ]
| Sun's focus the past few years was too low. Sun is selling grid
| processing, virtualization and storage that is several
| abstractions below where the start-ups care to think about.
| Sun therefore needs to sell to the Googles, Amazons, Yahoos,
| eBays, Microsofts, but that market will not sustain Sun's
| needed growth for long.

Sun Praises Google for Lowering Cost of Networks

,----[ Quote ]
| As to where growth was coming from, Schwartz said the bulk of the
| customer growth has been in small unit revenues, adding that Sun
| is also now gaining new customers. "A little over half of our
| 'try-and-buys' are customers that have never done business with
| us. We sell more units than we send out," he said.
`----

http://www.physorg.com/news94036294.html

They might be sucking up to Google, which tested OpenSolaris in the past.
They want Dell/Red Hat's business.