Re: [News] Apple Might Postpone Leopard (Giving Way to Linux)

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Apple reportedly to postpone Leopard to support Windows Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple is expected to launch its next generation Leopard operating
| system (OS) in April, but according to industry sources, the release
| of the new OS will be postponed to October to allow Apple to make
| Leopard support Windows Vista through an integrated version of its
| Boot Camp software.
`----

http://www.digitimes.com/systems/a20070322PD214.html

Of course, some people argue that it's inaccurate, but the truth remains to
be seen. This could give Linux more time to 'absorb' Windows deserters who
thought about switching to Apple Macs when Leopard is released.

I think the thing here is: Jobs got burned by Gates before so is being very wary this time around. He can't get Vista to dual boot properly yet, and is waiting for SP1 that may be due out in June or later.