[News] Red Hat Linux Gets Feature Developed by Google

Red Hat's JBoss adds Google shards to Hibernate

,----[ Quote ]
| JBoss, a division of Red Hat Inc, is adding some new database
| clustering features to its open source Java container alternative,
| Hibernate.
`----

http://www.computerbusinessreview.com/article_news.asp?guid=CF519896-BA9F-41B3-8EF2-16733E4D53DD

Related:

Google helps terabyte data swaps

,----[ Quote ]
| Google is developing a program to help academics around the world exchange
| huge amounts of data.
|
| [...]
|
| Google's infrastructure relies on a lot of open source software,
| including using a version of Linux as the desktop operating system
| for developers.
|
| "A lot of Googlers come out of this community - we are open source
| people."
|
| Some have questioned why Google has not done even more - such as
| releasing an open source operating system or opening up more of
| its software to the open source community.
|
| Mr Dibona, who is a long-standing Linux evangelist, said: "I am
| comfortable with where Google is operating. People are often
| upset and feel we should be releasing more.

Google Summer of Code supports open game developement

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1984