Re: [News] Linux Wins Customer's Confidence Owing to Big Vendor Support

  • Subject: Re: [News] Linux Wins Customer's Confidence Owing to Big Vendor Support
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:22:29 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 21 March 2007 12:17 \__

>> Big vendors give open source added clout
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Bandwagon effect
>>|
>>| Meanwhile, increasing numbers of large vendors and systems integrators
>>| are at least supporting, if not providing, open-source solutions.
>>|
>>| For example, IBM does not sell opensource products or customer
>>| support. Instead, it refers customers wanting Linux to Red Hat or
>>| Novell. But IBM is heavily involved in open-source software development.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.fcw.com/article97951-03-19-07-Print
>
> We're looking more in the direction of MontaVista at the moment.  I
> shan't be doing any more Novell systems.

Emptying their pockets, I guess. The issue is, as pointed out in
BoyCottNovell comments, is that without Novell, some legacy products have no
other solution than Microsoft's. But hey! Guess who's winning in this deal?
And rememeber who paid whom...

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Holey (sic) Cow! Longhorn is full of holes...
  2:20pm  up 9 days 22:23,  8 users,  load average: 0.23, 0.20, 0.31