Re: [News] Dell and Hewlett-Packard to offer Red Hat Linux Support

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Oracle CEO: Linux Support Program Working
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Third parties such as Dell and Hewlett-Packard will offer Oracle
> | Red Hat Linux support, said Oracle CEO Larry Ellison.
> `----
>
> http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,130019-c,techindustrytrends/article.html

I have experienced Dell support, can't say I'm dancing in the isles at them
extending that to Linux, might do us more halm than good actually.
Basically I had a six months battle with Dell support because they sent me a
faulty brand new server that had the wrong parts in it. So bad in fact that
there is no way in the world that server had been tested prior to shipping
it out of the door. Then 6 months fight to get them to replace it.

HP are another matter entirely though, HP support is second to none. My
UNIX's are on 2 hour call out and HP have never let me down in something
like ten years. They train their people well, not experts in all things
server, but certainly know how to get the HP servers back to good health. I
even managed to get a few handy utilities out of the last bloke they send
me.