Re: [News] Windows' War Against Viruses Lost Forever, Say Experts

  • Subject: Re: [News] Windows' War Against Viruses Lost Forever, Say Experts
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 02:33:26 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ flyer ] on Tuesday 20 March 2007 22:23 \__

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topics/article.asp?cu_no=2&item_no=138768&version=1&template_id=48&parent_id=28

>> > QUARANTINE!!!!
>> >
>> > BRILLIANT IDEA!
>> >
>> > There should be a PETITION for just that!
>> >
>> > Run the MS pigsty on your own home hardware or intranet if you want, but
>> > Win is NOT to touch the internet.
>> >
>> > That's a GREAT idea.
>>
>> Hm.  How do we tell when a series of packets comes from a Windows
>> machine?
>>
>> An interesting idea, but there are a number of things that
>> might get in the way -- especially proxies. :-)  Still,
>> it might cut the worst of the crap out.
>>
>> --
>> #191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Linux.  An OS which actually, unlike certain other offerings, works.
>>

> It can sound a little strange, but it is a great idea, and may be
> required to save the internet from absolutely massive infestation.
>
> The details would be handled by you geniuses who understand it all. I'm
> an idiot comapared to what some of you know.
>
> It's the idea -- QUARANTINE Windows Now.
>
> And it's not some unreasonable attack on win by anti-win zealots at all.
> It's a practical needed restriction to salvage the web and other zones
> from severely insecure code.

What would security companies do for a living? What would be the purpose of
SPAM filters? You lay off an entire industry by offering a Web that's *gasp*
free of cybercrime and zombies. An equilibrium is broken here as, quite
frankly, many people (even on the support hotlines) depend on broken and
insecure software.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | How I learned to stop worrying and love GNU/Linux